Site Network: What Is A Libertarian? | The HCLP | Links To Libertarian Information | Hamilton County Links

 

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry



Number Crunching, Precinct Level

What value going door-to-door and standing at your precinct handing out palm cards on election day? See if you can guess which precinct I live in, and which two voted at the polling place I stood at on election day:

Delaware 1: 7.27%
Delaware 2: 4.29%
Delaware 3: 15.63%
Delaware 8: 5.69%
Delaware 9: 7.17%
Delaware 10: 13.27%

Yes, I live in Delaware 3, and I handed out palm cards at Fishers Town Hall, which housed voting for Delaware 3 & 10. Full precinct results.

This is why County Chairs beg supporters to go door-to-door, and to work the polling place on election day. Message is great. Promoting a great message is vital.

Labels: ,

posted by Mike Kole @ 11:10 PM,

2 Comments:

At 11/07/2010 10:27 AM, Blogger Sean Shepard said...

I've started to get concerned that straight ticket voting is putting on a lid on third party vote potential.

People would rather darken the one circle and run than take the time to darken a bunch of circles so they can scratch over for a candidate of a different stripe.

I've gotten conflicting feedback on whether or not someone can fil in a straight party bubble and then still cross over for a different party down the line. The consensus was that it would void the vote for that position.

 
At 11/08/2010 11:18 AM, Blogger Mike Kole said...

With the paper voting, having a straight ticket vote and then scratch votes was a void. I witnessed this first hand as a poll watcher several years ago.

I expect (but don't know for sure) that doing the same on the electronic machines wouldn't cause a void, but would alert the voter that they 'made a mistake'.

Libertarians are not likely to have a lot of straight ticket voters (there were 77 in Hamilton County in 2010) until we more fully load the ballot with candidates.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home