Wednesday, May 19, 2010
We had a good meeting of the Libertarian Party of Hamilton County last night. One thing that came out of it was a move towards greater activity at the precinct level.
While the other parties elect Precinct Committee chairs, the Libertarian Party is not so formal. As County Chair, I am asking all Hamilton County Libertarians to function as a "Precinct Leader".
Every Libertarian in our county needs to at least own the block on their street. Outstanding if you are willing to work the entire Precinct! But, at minimum, own your street, or your block, or your building. Here's how:
Visit each of your neighbors, and introduce yourself as the Precinct Leader for the Libertarian Party. Invite them to get involved, to visit our Meet-Ups, the get on the mailing list, and of course- to vote Libertarian in November. Take 'The World's Smallest Political Quiz
Those wanting to cover the whole precinct will probably want to send a letter or postcard. We are working on templates for use right now, and these will be available to you shortly.
If we work on this level, we will see some very positive outcomes:
- Our vote totals for our local candidates will be higher than ever.
- Our vote totals for Secretary of State candidate Mike Wherry will be high enough to boost the ballot access cause.
- We will have more poll workers, which improves our visibility.
- We will increase our number of activists, and future candidates.
- You will discover political allies right near you that you may not have known were there.
posted by Mike Kole @ 10:42 AM,